Now fully updated with more than 2,000 new images, 200 new videos, and new content throughout, Diagnostic Ultrasound, 5th Edition, by Drs. Carol M. Rumack and Deborah Levine, remains the most comprehensive and authoritative ultrasound resource available. Spanning a wide range of medical specialties and practice settings, it provides complete, detailed information on the latest techniques for ultrasound imaging of the whole body; image-guided procedures; fetal, obstetric, and pediatric imaging; and much more. Up-to-date guidance from experts in the field keep you abreast of expanding applications of this versatile imaging modality and help you understand the "how" and "why" of ultrasound use and interpretation.
New to this Edition
* Features 5,000 images - more than 2,000 brand-new - including new 2D and 3D imaging as well as the use of contrast agents and elastography.
* Includes a new virtual chapter on artifacts with individually labelled images from throughout the book, displaying artifacts with descriptive legends by category and how they can be used in diagnosis or corrected for better quality imaging.
* Features more images and new uses for contrast agents in the liver, breast, and in pediatric applications. Includes current information on imaging more diagnostic dilemmas, such as Zika virus in the fetus and newborn.
* Includes 400 video clips showing real-time scanning of anatomy and pathology.
* Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
* Covers all aspects of diagnostic ultrasound with sections for Physics; Abdominal, Pelvic, Small Parts, Vascular, Obstetric, and Pediatric Sonography.
* Uses a straightforward writing style and extensive image panels with correlative findings.
By Carol M. Rumack, MD, FACR, Professor of Radiology and Pediatrics, Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education, University of Colorado Medical School and Deborah Levine, MD, Director, Obstetric & Gynecologic Ultrasound, Vice Chair of Academic Affairs, Department of Radiology, BIDMC, Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts